LM Affiliate AD

Music Samples for DJ's from Loopmasters.com

25 Feb 2014

ed!t interviews Quiet Noise. Beautiful sounds for international ears.



EMW: WELCOME TO EMW, PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF TO OUR READERS.

QN: Hi, my name is, my name is, my name is 'chika-chika' Adam Wilkinson.
Doesn't really sound as cool as when Eminiem did it. I produce under
the name Quiet Noise because I think I have a geeky name.

EMW: WHAT MADE YOU WANT TO START MAKING MUSIC?

QN:  I can't remember a time when I didn't want to make music so I can only
assume I was born, heard some notes and was instantly hooked. I love
the stuff. If I don't arrange, mix or play something for a whole day I
start to get irritable, like a smoker going a day without a cigarette.
Every musical adventure I've had my entire life has pushed me to do
more. Being introduced to a violin when I was 6 spurred me on to learn
every instrument I could possibly manage. When I was 7 I took apart my
tape machine and manipulated it so I could record audio in slow motion
and fast motion and I've been obsessed with the recording process ever
since. I was 5 when when Michael Jackson's 'Dangerous' came out. I was
fascinated by all the weird rhythmical noises on that record, they were
a huge influence on the Quiet Noise sound.

EMW: WHERE DID THE NAME QUIET NOISE COME FROM?

QN: It was a calculated name. Its an oxymoron, and so is the sound. Music
that can be taken at face value for beats, basslines and hooks.
Yet simultaneously, its littered with quiet detail that listeners only
hear if they really dedicate their ears to my pieces. Despite passing
most people by, its the element of my sound I spend the most time on.
I'm very meticulous about the process of creating those little details.
I think listeners would only notice a change if they weren't there. So
shhh they're my quiet noisy little secrets.



EMW: TO DATE WHAT HAS BEEN YOUR FAVOURITE GIG?

QN: Old Town Festival Aftershow Party in The Parrot, Carmarthen. The vibe
was electric. I've never had a crowd that was so in love with my noise
before or since.


EMW: CAN YOU TELL US A LITTLE ABOUT YOUR MOST RECENT COLLABORATION WITH INDIAN VIOLINIST, MANAS KUMAR.

QN: He is a talented young man and great to work with. We met while I was
sound engineering on tour with his band Ghazalaw and I was amazed by
his style and his understanding of arrangement and texture. I twinned a
down tempo beat with a guitar piece I was writing and honestly felt it
was quite generic, but when he overdubbed his violin playing it was
given life. I thought it sounded like a bird soaring over the sea and
suddenly the whole piece made sense. I love collaborations for this
reason. Sometimes I feel I get lost in where I can take a piece.
Someone else's input - especially someone as talented as Manas - can
give it direction.


EMW: WHAT CAN WE EXPECT FROM QUIET NOISE FOR 2014?

QN: The first Visionary Brotherhood release in 6 years with talented
American MC's Dums and Jack Wilson is in the finishing stages. Derren
Heath and I are in the early stages of an EP, and I'm halfway through a
solo dance oriented EP.


EMW: THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME MISTER MASTER

QN: My pleasure!


PLEASE ENJOY THIS GREAT TRACK FROM THE MAN QUIET NOISE " THE
DARKNESS PASSES"


ed!t is a producer from West Wales. Take a listen - https://soundcloud.com/impeccablypissed
Post a Comment